The prospects of new blockchain-powered startups are endless, and it’s only a matter of time before investors start taking notice. Here are some notable bets that have hit the market this year.
ESPN is a sports media company that covers many different sports. ESPN is the most popular and widely distributed North American sports media company in the world.
After the first lines of the College Football Playoff semifinal between the Georgia Bulldogs and the Michigan Wolverines were posted on Sunday afternoon, an intriguing split arose at US and offshore bookmakers.
It’s rare these days to see a diversity of lines, particularly on huge games. Check out online casino in india for diversity in games. On Sunday night, though, most bookmakers had Georgia as 7.5-point favorites against Michigan in the Orange Bowl, while FanDuel and Circa Sports in Las Vegas had the Bulldogs as 9-point favorites, and major offshore sportsbook BetCRIS had Georgia -8.5.
NFL: MVP and Super Bowl futures to keep an eye on NFL: Each team’s win-loss record against the spread Gonzaga is favored to win the championship again again, according to CBB. NBA Power Index is a betting tool that can help you win more money. Best bets in the NBA for the 2021-22 season MLB: Dodgers are the favorites to win the ’22 World Series NHL: Season’s best long-term bets NHL: Keep an eye on the Stanley Cup odds as they change.
Chalk it up to ESPN.
“My number is [Georgia] -10, but others had it at 8,” Matt Metcalf, Circa’s sportsbook director, told ESPN in a text message late Sunday night, adding that he split the difference and started the Bulldogs at -9. At the higher number, there was no early action on Michigan.
Veteran Las Vegas oddsmaker Ed Salmons said he downgraded Georgia four points in his power ratings following its bad performance versus Alabama, a huge shift, particularly this late in the season, at the Westgate SuperBook across town. He also boosted Michigan’s stock following the Wolverines’ rout of Iowa. Salmons still had the Bulldogs ranked nine points higher than the Wolverines after those modifications.
“We probably had Georgia closer to -10,” Salmons said after the Bulldogs were opened at -7.5.
Salmons feels that Michigan’s national notoriety is a role in most bookmakers’ holding the line at a touchdown, particularly those that cater significantly to the betting public.
“We believe there will be a lot of support from Michigan,” Salmons added.
He does, however, support the Bulldogs.
A daily sports betting news and information program (ESPN2, 6-7 p.m. ET) that attempts to better serve the millions of sports fans who engage in sports gambling by providing in-depth analysis. Take a look »
“When I alter that much in a week,” Salmons said of his power rating changes, “and it still says to bet this club, unless there’s some ailment I don’t know about, it typically leads me to the proper team.”
The market will most likely level out around the same line with more than three weeks before the game begins on December 31. Will it be closer to Georgia -9 or -7.5, though? Keep an eye out for updates.
Let’s move on to this week’s Notable Bets.
Notable NFL Players
• Favorites are 8-5 against the spread heading into Monday Night Football (ATS). The Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, and Arizona Cardinals all covered the spread, giving the betting public its finest Sunday in a month.
“The public were due — and just in time to put me back on their Christmas card list,” Craig Mucklow, head of trading at Caesars Sportsbook, told ESPN on Sunday.
• On Sunday, the SuperBook took a beating, owing to a VIP casino player who struck four five-team parlays, a three-teamer, and a two-teamer. The parlays included several Saturday college games and early Sunday soccer matchups, and they all ended with the Dolphins covering as 7-point favorites in a 20-9 victory against the Giants.
“The Dolphins, Cardinals, and Rams are all significant losers for us,” said John Murray, the SuperBook’s executive director. “It didn’t help that Bucs was covering. The [Washington] Football Team performed well, defeating the Raiders.
“Overall, we have nothing to complain about,” he continued. “We had a fantastic day on Saturday and had our greatest November ever in November. Even if we weren’t having such a good run recently, I doubt your readers would feel sorry for me. We’ll go on to the next week. A far better line-up of games is available.”
• The Patriots and Bills’ Monday Night Football game’s total has decreased five points, from 46 to 41, with weather likely to play a role. Temperatures are expected to drop to near freezing throughout the game, with gusts gusting to 26 mph.
Notables in college football
• In a College Football Playoffs semifinal in the Cotton Bowl, Alabama started as a 13.5-point favorite over Cincinnati. Salmons had hoped for fan support for the Bearcats, who were the underdogs.
“This Alabama squad isn’t the same as the one from last year. They’re not the same, “Salmons said. “They played their greatest game last week, but it doesn’t guarantee that they’ll do it again this week. I believe that a large number of people will be supportive of Cincinnati.”
• Nearly four times as much money has been wagered on the Wolverines to win the national title at PointsBet’s online sportsbook in Michigan than on any other team.
Georgia, on the other hand, has almost twice the amount of money gambled at PointsBet as Michigan.
• Here are some of the most popular national championship futures bets on the four College Football Playoff teams, ranked by payout:
– $10,113.13 at +220 on Alabama. The bet was split into two separate bets with Caesars Sportsbook in Colorado on consecutive days (Sept. 8-9) The wager would pay out a total of $32,362.02.
– $2,000 on Michigan at 100-1, bet on FanDuel on August 20. Bet would pay a total of $200,000 to the winner.
– $1,000 on Cincinnati at 100-1 with FanDuel on September 21. Bet would pay a total of $100,000 to the winner.
What were the chances of it happening?
-11: The Memphis Grizzlies were 11-point home favorites against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday, and they won 152-79 after covering the spread by 62 points. It’s the biggest win margin in NBA history.
+3,373: The odds on a one-of-a-kind $1,000 two-leg parlay put at sportsbook WynnBET in Virginia back in October. The bettor used the Dodgers’ (-153) victory against the Giants in Game 4 of the NCLS to win the MAC Championship at a 20-1 odds. On Saturday, the Huskies beat Kent State to win the MAC championship, and the bettor earned $34,725.49.
After a flurry of free agency transactions, including the purchase of ace Max Scherzer, the New York Mets’ chances to win the World Series at Caesars Sportsbook are 12-1. The Mets had a 20-1 record heading into the offseason.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most common bets?
A: The most common bets are that the player will win, tie or lose.
What are fun bets called?
A: Fun bets are a type of gambling where the bettor puts their wager on one outcome and if they win, they get to keep their money.
What does +7 mean in bets?
A: +7 is an option on the game of poker to bet 7 times a players original wager.