This guide will teach you how to wear your Fitbit properly so that you can get the most accurate readings possible. We’ll cover everything from proper wrist placement to setting up your device for optimal use.
By the end of this guide, you’ll be a Fitbit wearing pro!
What is a Fitbit and how does it work
A Fitbit is a small, wearable device that tracks your activity and fitness data. It uses an array of sensors to track things like steps taken, heart rate, and calories burned. This data is then synced wirelessly to your Fitbit account so that you can view your progress over time.
There are a few different models of Fitbit, but the most popular one is the Fitbit Flex. The Flex is a wristband that has a small tracker embedded in it. This tracker tracks your activity and sends the data wirelessly to your account.
How to set up your Fitbit and create an account
Before you can start using your Fitbit, you need to create an account and set up your device.
- Go to www.fitbit.com/setup and create an account. You’ll need to provide your email address, create a password, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you’ve created your account, you can choose which device you want to set up. Select the Fitbit Flex and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once your device is set up, you’ll need to connect it to your computer so that it can sync its data. To do this, you’ll need to download and install the Fitbit Connect software.
- Once the software is installed, open it and log in with your Fitbit account credentials. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup process.
how to wear fitbit
Now that you’ve got your Fitbit all set up, it’s time to learn how to wear it properly. The placement of your Fitbit is important for getting accurate readings. For the most accurate step counts, your Fitbit should be worn on your non-dominant hand. This is because we tend to swing our dominant hand more when we walk, which can throw off the readings. If you’re left-handed, wear your Fitbit on your right wrist. If you’re right-handed, wear your Fitbit on your left wrist.
The tracker should be snug but not too tight. You should be able to fit one finger under the band. For the most accurate heart rate readings, your Fitbit should be worn about two fingers width above your wrist bone. If you’re going to be wearing your Fitbit all day, we recommend wearing it on your non-dominant hand. This is because our dominant hand tends to get more motion and activity throughout the day, which can lead to inaccurate readings.
What are some of the benefits of wearing a Fitbit
There are many benefits to wearing a Fitbit, including:
- Increased motivation to be active: Seeing your activity level and progress can help you be more motivated to stay active and reach your fitness goals.
- Improved sleep quality: Fitbit’s sleep tracking features can help you identify patterns in your sleep and make necessary changes to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Better eating habits: Fitbit’s food tracking features can help you make healthier choices and better manage your weight.
- Enhanced workplace productivity: Some employers offer Fitbit incentives to employees as a way to boost workplace productivity.
- Improved mental health: The positive feedback from wearing a Fitbit can help improve your mood and mental health.
How to clean your Fitbit
It’s important to keep your Fitbit clean so that it can continue to accurately track your activity and health data. We recommend cleaning your Fitbit every day, especially if you’ve been sweating or if it’s been exposed to dirt or grime.
To clean your Fitbit, wet a cloth with warm water and mild soap. Gently scrub the tracker and band. Avoid getting the charging port wet. Rinse the tracker and band with cool water and dry it off.