Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne has been the subject of intense interest from some of Milan’s biggest clubs, according to reports.
The lorenzo insigne is a player who has been linked with many top European clubs. However, the Milan clubs step up interest in Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne is not a rumor.
Lorenzo Insigne, Italy’s Euro 2020 champion, may be on his way out of Naples. Getty
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
STORY OF THE DAY: Milan teams compete for Insigne
Following a deadlock in another round of contract negotiations between Lorenzo Insigne and Napoli, the winger seems to be on his way to Milan.
According to Calciomercato, both AC Milan and Internazionale are interested in the 30-year-old, who has one year remaining on his contract. While Insigne may remain at his hometown club, the article claims that the desire to depart for a new challenge is increasing.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
The Rossoneri are expected to wait until the end of the season for the Italy international to become a free agent, but the Nerazzuri are seeking for a deal for less than €20 million this window owing to their financial condition.
The winger has spent his whole career at Napoli, rising through the levels of the youth system to become captain. However, there has been no progress on a new deal, and it is reported that Napoli has offered the player a salary of €4.5 million per year, while the player and his agents are demanding upwards of €6 million.
Insigne had a strong summer in the European Championships, winning the championship with Italy, where he was a key player. On his route to another major tournament triumph, the winger made six appearances for his country, scoring twice.
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to the Daily Mail, Burnley and Crystal Palace are poised to compete for Watford midfielder Will Hughes. The 26-year-contract old’s expires at the end of the season, according to the report, and he may be available for £5 million. The midfielder is said to have turned down a new two-year contract at Vicarage Road in order to pursue a transfer elsewhere.
– Bologna are in discussions with Chelsea about signing defender Malang Sarr, although Everton and Eintracht Frankfurt are also interested. According to Sky in Italy, a meeting between the Serie A team and the Blues is scheduled to take place on Monday to negotiate a transfer. Last summer, the 22-year-old joined Stamford Bridge on a free transfer from Nice before joining Porto on loan.
– According to The Sun, Southampton are planning a move for Celtic’s Ryan Christie. The 26-year-old offensive midfielder’s contract expires at the end of the season, and he may be available for a lesser fee if the Hoops don’t want to lose him on a free transfer. Christie may face competition from Burnley and Sheffield United, who are both reported to be interested in the attacker.
– Tottenham Hotspur have had discussions with agents about the potential of signing Ilaix Moriba, a Barcelona youth. Spurs are reportedly interested in signing the 18-year-old, according to the Daily Mail. It comes after the player turned down fresh contract offers from the Nou Camp, and teams have been alerted to the potential of signing the intriguing youngster. Nuno Espirito Santo will have to compete for the midfielder, with Real Madrid, Manchester City, Chelsea, and RB Leipzig all all interested.
– According to The Mirror, PSV Eindhoven has informed Tottenham that they would only accept a £40 million bid for wonderkid Noni Madueke. The 19-year-old joined the Dutch side on a free transfer two years ago and has already made an impression in the Eredivisie. Spurs aren’t the only team interested in the England youth international, with sources suggesting that eleven clubs have made inquiries. Leicester City and Wolves are said to be interested in the kid, in addition to Tottenham.